Friday, July 08, 2011

Scott's Wedding

My cousin Scott got married on June 17th in Richardson. I have to admit, his wedding made me feel old. I remember when he was just a toddler living in Houston, Texas. I would ride his big wheel tricycle and play with him and his older brother. Now he is all grown up and married. We are so happy for him and his new wife, Kristin.

Several relatives that we had not seen in years came for the wedding. Aunt Cathy, Uncle Ed, Andy, Uncle Craig, and my 2nd cousin, Yvonne came up to Denison one day to visit before the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful and sweet. The reception that followed was loads of fun. Both girls really cut the rug. Avery especially surprised us by getting into all the dancing. We know to expect it from Abby, but usually Avery is a little shy about it. It was pretty cute to watch!

The happy couple enjoying their first dance.


Mother and son dance. So sweet!


My Uncle Craig and Dad.


My Uncle Ron and Avery dancing.


Abby really took a liking to my second cousin, Yvonne. My mom and her siblings and Yvonne and her siblings were super close when they were growing up.


Busting some moves!


Instead of a guest sign in book, they had a photo booth where you could put on some accessories and get your picture taken. We got to keep one copy of our pictures and the other copy was put on some paper that you could then leave a message for the new couple. What a great idea! This is the girls while we are waiting our turn for the photo booth.

I am bummed that I did not get a picture of my cousin Andy who, as the best man, gave a tear jerking speech about his brother.

It sure was fun to see everyone. I wish we weren't all spread all over the US. My Aunt and Uncle say they will move closer soon, so I am going to hold them to that.


No comments: