Saturday, December 10, 2011

Fall Retreat

This year we tried something new. We decided to have a combined retreat with our middle school and high school group. We were all together during times of worship and eating, but we separated the groups for lessons, group discussions, the ropes course, zip line, and games.

I was with the Middle School group. We have a large group of teens in middle school. They are full of energy and have such a zest for life. I especially love how they are eager to add to discussions in Bible class and happy to serve others. They are often bolder than some of our high schoolers. I am excited to see how God is going to use them for His Kingdom.

I brought Gloria, a 6th grader, that has been coming to church with me. I tutored her last year and reconnected with her one day when I subbed at the middle school. She knew some of our girls, but I was impressed with how welcome they all made her feel.

I think my highlights of the weekend were the amazing times of worship and just getting to hang out with these awesome teens. I love working with our youth!
The Middle School group on a big pile of wood chips.


Playing games.


I am trying to explain the straw game.


Straw and tissue paper relay race.


Working together at the ropes course.

1 comment:

idallasjacynth said...

PRAGMATIC PLAY: Situs Judi Slot Online Gacor & Terbaik
Situs Judi Slot pcie 슬롯 Online 부산건마 Terbaik dan Terpercaya Indonesia. Game Slot Online Pragmatic Play Indonesia. 딥 슬롯 PG Soft. PG 룰렛 게임 Soft. Slot Online Joker123. Pragmatic Play. Slot88